The College of Education is committed to preparing high quality teachers and administrators. Our goal is to open a new student success center that will help teacher education candidates from across the university with academic tutoring, licensure requirements, and EdTPA support. This center will also house the college’s diversity officer who will further our commitment to an equitable and inclusive environment for all of our students. This new center will work directly with the academic departments/schools and the teacher education center to ensure that all of our candidates are successfully progressing through their programs.
Your donation to the College of Education will help support student success as we prepare the next generation of teachers and administrators.
College of Education Points of Pride
- The College of Education ranks as the 8th Best College Offering Degrees in Education in the U.S., according to College Factual.
- The College of Education's faculty and staff secured $14.31 million in external grants and contracts in 2018, representing half of the University's total.
- Illinois State University is the #1 producer of teachers in the Midwest and 5th largest producer of teachers in the U.S. from 2014-2018.
- Student scholarship funds totaling over $400,000 supported 309 education students.
- Graduates of Illinois State’s educator preparation program serve in all 50 U.S. states and in 68 countries around the world.